GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO BECOME A UMED FRANCHISEE
General / Nativity:
Only individuals can apply as SOLE PROPRIETOR (Other Forms such as Partnership, Company, Trust and Society are not eligible to apply).
- Should be a Local Resident of the place (For which Franchisee is Applied) having voter I-Card / Passport / Nativity Certificate of that Place.
- Should have One Savings / Current Account at that place (Minimum 1 year old account).
- Should apply for Franchisee by giving copy of Voter I-Card, Bank Pass Book / Bank Statement Photocopy, One Color Photograph and Franchisee Application fees of Rs. 5000/- (Non-Refundable).
Candidate should preferably be Graduate in any discipline. Diploma Engineers and Diploma Holders in Modern office Management are also welcome to apply for UMED Franchisee.
Preferably the applicant should be able to invest the amount from his own source of Funds.
Commitment to devote full time & attention to the Institute. Integrity, Honesty and Sincerity are the key words for success.
- Voter I-Card / Passport / Nativity Certificate Photocopy.
- Bank Pass Book or Bank Statement Photocopy (Minimum 1 year old A/c).
- Colour Passport Size Photograph.
- Duly filled Application Form
- Application Fees (Rupees Five Thousand Only) Demand Draft Drawn on “UMED Skill Development Pvt Ltd.”. Payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Copy of Educational Qualification Certificates.
Requirement of Computer / AC etc., (All next generation Computers such as Core i3 / i5 / i7 with LCD Monitors).
A. Category Towns : Minimum 15 Computers with UPS & AC 2 Nos
B. Category Towns : Minimum 10 Computers with UPS & AC 2 Nos
C. Category Towns : Minimum 05 Computers with UPS & AC 1 Nos
One Laser Printer, Broadband Internet connection with wi-fi Router and Telephone is compulsory for all categories. All correspondence and reporting in the UMED network is through Internet / E-mail.
At least in one Theory class room one 40 inch LCD TV should be installed which should be connected to a computer for ONLINE Teaching.
A. Category Towns : 2000 Sq. Ft. Minimum.
B. Category Towns : 1500 Sq. Ft. Minimum.
C. Category Towns : 1000 Sq. Ft. Minimum.
- Rooms : - Theory 2, Practical Lab 1, Reception cum Counseling 1, Centre Director Chamber 1.
- It is compulsory for the Computer Lab to be Air Conditioned.
- It is advisable that the Reception cum Counseling Area is designed in such a manner that the Lab is visible.
- If the Reception cum Counseling Area can be Air Conditioned, then it will have a positive impact on the Students / Enquiries.
- A Generator / Emergency Inverter is advisable for power cuts.
- Theory Classrooms should be well ventilated.
- Toilet Facilities should be available.
- A sketch drawing of the Area may be provided so that we can advise a Interior plan.
- All the walls are painted in Light Grey Colour and all wooden work in Oxford Blue Colour. If sunmica is used then also it should be used in a combination Light Grey and Oxford Blue colours.
CHECK WHAT IS THE CATEGORY OF YOUR TOWN
HOW THE CATEGORY OF A PLACE IS DECIDED:
- ‘A’ Category Places : State Capital, All District Head Quarters and all other Towns having population above 3 Lakh.
- ‘B’ Category Places : All Other Small District Head Quarters which are not covered under ‘A’ category and other towns having population above 1 Lakh.
- ‘C’ Category Places : Semi Urban and Rural Places not covered under ‘A’ or ‘B’ category.
N.B. : The population of a place is calculated based on the data made available by the latest Census figures.